: IT Manager
Chief Financial Officer
Chicago, Illinois, USA
The Global FoodBanking Network
(GFN) seeks to nourish the world’s hungry through uniting and advancing food banks. Founded in 2006, GFN connects food banking organizations in more than 40 countries that together serve more than 16 million people annually. The organization currently operates with a team of twenty-three employees based primarily out of Chicago and engages a globally diverse Board of Directors.
Our goal is to support communities in their fight against hunger and food insecurity through advancing the food banking model. GFN launched a new strategic plan in 2019 that charts continued growth with an ambitious vision to help enable its food bank members to materially increase the amount of food distributed to those in need, distribute more nutrient-rich foods, and strengthen the resilience of their communities. Its major goals include:
- Increase the number of people served by food banks with which GFN currently works.
- Expand food banking in Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Support food banking organizations in distributing a greater diversity of foods.
- Build a trusted global network of food rescue and relief organizations.
Our 2030 vision is a global network of community-led food banks that serve meals to 50 million people facing hunger. Our team provides best practices, partners and resources to food bank founders and organizations to help them fight hunger more effectively. In the next five years, we are especially aiming to come alongside changemakers in low-income communities, primarily those based in Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America.
In the past five years, GFN has grown from a $2m to a $15m+ organization. During this same time period, the organization’s staff has doubled in size. GFN is seeking an experienced IT Administration professional with an entrepreneurial spirit interested in rolling up their sleeves and building foundation partnerships.
Our workforce has grown rapidly in the past year and will continue to do so. All staff have been working remotely during the past fifteen months and the expectation is that some will continue to do so in the future. It is critical that staff has the technology to do its work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
This person will be responsible for understanding staff requirements and making sure all staff has the technology that is relevant to their needs. This person will review the current technology structure and suggest and implement modifications or enhancements. They will also keep up to date on new applications recommending those that would enhance GFN’s footprint.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the organization.
- Survey staff to determine user requirements, recommend practical solutions, and lead organization’s efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
- Evaluate file-sharing and collaboration tools. Recommend and implement a solution which satisfies user requirements.
- Assess the use of the CRM system, devise and implement a plan to address issues that are identified.
- Review all communication tools to include such items as telephone, video conferencing, email, and messaging. Identify and implement the best combined solution to address the organization’s needs.
- Develop and lead ongoing training for staff on current and new technology and software programs.
- Proactively seek new technologies that can have an impact on GFN’s operating environment. Evaluate, assesses, and communicate such impact, with recommendations. Resolve any issues involved in integrating such technologies with existing systems
- Ensure the integrity and security of all technology systems such that it meets industry standards.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance for end-users.
- Ensure user adoption by designing training programs and workshops for staff.
- Coordinate set-up and procurement of all new technology related equipment.
- Orientate new staff on computer and software systems.
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with internal teams to champion initiatives
- Manage relationship with outsourced IT help desk.
- Track all open tickets and assure that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- BA/BS in a business-related field and/or equivalent years of education and experience working in a related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Information Technology.
- 3 years of software support and training
- 3 years of administrative experience with Cloud based applications such as Office 365, Box and Salesforce.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) a plus
- Knowledge of policies and procedures related to PII
- Experience with supporting a remote work environment
- Must be a collaborator, proactive, and an established problem solver
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to multitask and work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse community. English language fluency is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- COVID 19 vaccine/boosters required for any in-person engagements
The position is ideally based at GFN’s global headquarters in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Potentially could be remote in a location that is either in the Central Time zone or a closely related time zone. Occasional travel to Chicago will be required.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our organization. We promote diversity of thought, culture, and background, which connects the entire GFN workforce. As such, GFN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender expression
, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
Work will be conducted in a normal office environment.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global FoodBanking Network embraces a philosophy that recognizes and values diversity. Its goal is to attract, develop, and retain a talented, diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential.