A Landmark Event
The annual Food Bank Leadership Institute (FBLI), has become the must-attend event for those advancing the food banking model to alleviate hunger and reduce waste. FBLI attracts over 150 food bank leaders, corporate partners and thought leaders from over 30 countries. To date, nearly 500 individuals from 63 countries have benefited from the training, idea sharing, and peer networking provided at FBLI.
About The Global FoodBanking Network
Founded in 2006, The Global FoodBanking Network (GFN) launches, certifies and strengthens food banks around the world to reduce hunger and food waste. GFN works with businesses, governments and NGOs to find socially responsible and economically effective ways to utilize resources – food, funds, technical expertise and volunteers – to create sustainable food banks. Today, the GFN network includes more than 800 food banks in more than 30 countries serving 7.78 million people in need.
Interested in joining GFN at this year's Food Bank Leadership Institute? Contact us at email@example.com for more information on registration.
FBLI 2019 aims to help food banks evolve to meet the needs of their communities in a fast-changing world. Key themes will include:
- How food banks contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- How food banks can be a valuable partner in the food industry’s zero waste initiatives
- Strategic planning and positioning for food banks
- The role of government in affecting policy changes
- The role of technology in helping food banks become more efficient and expand their reach