Although GFN is not a food bank, we support new and existing food banks around the world! These food banks rely on the dedication, commitment, and generosity of volunteers in their community to deliver food to millions of people in need every day.
Volunteer opportunities can range from packing and sorting products in a food bank warehouse, gleaning fields and helping to serve meals, or sharing specialized skills and talents.
Find a Food Bank in your local community to learn more about volunteer opportunities.
Make volunteering at a food bank part of your international travel plans this year.
More and more travelers and families are looking for meaningful ways to give back during their vacations. Food banks offer great opportunities to learn how hunger impacts communities, work with other local volunteers, and make a difference.
Tell us about your food bank volunteer experience and send a picture to email@example.com. We’ll feature it on our website, or in an upcoming issue of our eNews.
Volunteer with GFN
GFN depends on concerned volunteers like you to join us in the fight against global hunger and to help increase awareness. There are multiple opportunities to apply your skills and support our mission from our office located at 203 N LaSalle Street in Chicago, Illinois USA.
View GFN Office in a larger map
Apply your professional skills and talents to make a difference in the lives of countless individuals around the world by volunteering at our headquarters office in a variety of ways:
- General Support
- Contribute your talents while building your skillset by providing administrative assistance in the Development or Finance departments in our office.
- Assist with administrative tasks, such as answering phones, filing, data entry, and special projects.
- Occasionally administrative workers are needed for large mailings.
- Help With Special Events or Create Your Own
- Occasionally volunteers are needed to help at special events. Typical tasks might include registering and welcoming attendees, hosting an information table and answering questions, help with set up and clean up.
- If you belong to a social club, work group or fraternal organization, you can organize your own fundraiser, participate in social media campaigns like the Kellogg Feedback Challenge, or invite a GFN representative to speak to your group. Learn more.
- Talk to Groups on Behalf of GFN
- Represent GFN at community events by speaking to local groups about global hunger and GFN and informing others about how to get involved.
- Develop Digital and Social Media
- Help us enhance and maintain our presence on various social media networking outlets.
- Design a Twitter Event to promote our Kellogg’s Feedback Challenge to get 2,000 individuals to comment on the Kellogg 2011 Corporate Responsibility Report
- Compose Written Pieces
- Help us write and design collateral material, press releases, or web stories.
- Contribute to our periodical e-newsletter to share our current projects and successes.
- Create Graphic Materials
- Design collateral material.
- Enhance our informative magazine.
If you have a specific skill you'd like to offer that is not listed please get in touch, it could be just what we're looking for!
What If I Don’t Have Time to Volunteer?
No time? There is still plenty you can do to help fight global hunger! Invite us to speak to the next meeting of your social club, work group or fraternal organization. This raises awareness and educates friends and colleagues about hunger around the world and what we can do together to end it.